Self PubLishing A Book (and a fabric line!) with Melanie Traylor
Self Publishing A Book (and a Fabric line!) with Melanie Traylor
In this episode, Self Publishing A Book (and a fabric line!) with Melanie Traylor of Southern Charm Quilts, we hear her story about how she went from a creative hobby selling on Etsy, to a career as a quilter and fabric shop owner! Listen in as she shares her experiences leading up to the point of writing and self publishing a pattern book and the release of her very own fabric line! Follow her on her journey as Melanie shares how she learned how to pivot and adjust and found success in ways she didn’t expect!
Melanie and Elizabeth talk about:
- How she chose her color scheme and how her style developed
- What happens when the market or the platform changes? How do you pivot and stand back up on your feet again? Pivotal moments of growth…
- Wondering how her fabric shop came to be? She shares how she determined a fabric shop was her thing!
- Melanie shares her self publishing process of compiling her first book! In her words. ” You know when you’re on the right path when something is pouring out of you!”
- They talk about her new book, A Life with Quilts, PLUS her amazing new fabric line and when both of these are set to release!
- She share her #1 tip for creative entrepreneurs who are thinking about starting a business
Check out her website to find a link to her blog and to shop her beautiful patterns and fabric:
Click on the link to snag a copy of her upcoming pattern book:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Join me next week and EVERY week for new content helping you turn your craft into a career.
Subscribe to the Craft to Career Podcast below: