My Priorities – Shifted
This week, we talk about measuring success and how we will know when we are successful. I share a story that has created a pivotal moment in my career. This experience has caused me to shift my priorities and will change my focus and how I plan to present and interact with my audience going forward. I feel that what I am learning on my journey can help you too, as a business owner, to feel fulfilled and find joy in your business endeavors. After all, we are all on this journey of creating a successful business, together!
My Priorities - Shifted
In this episode, My Priorities - SHifted, I share:
- I have been working hard and giving so much to my business, but wondering what I am actually getting out of my business? Lately, I suppose I have been feeling a little burnt out. I have mentioned before some of my feelings about meeting financial goals and then feeling like… this is it? Now what? WELL a few week ago, I attended a live event and had an experience that has become a pivotal moment in my career.
- I will share what I learned from Jenna Kutcher. Listen as I share some of her story and how as I business owner, I could relate so well and why it impacted me so much.
- Some of the questions Jenna asked and I discuss in this episode are: What is your measure of success? How will you know when you are successful?
- Here are a couple of reasons I share this catalyst, this ahha moment, that has caused me to shift my priorities:
- We are on this journey together. Through this podcast and what I do, you are seeing behind the scenes of growing a business. You can see how easy it is to get side tracked. We are growing and learning together and as we do our priorities shift and change.
- What does success look like for you? In your business? What are you hoping to accomplish with your business? How are you wanting to improve someones life? That right there is what is going to motivate you and push things forward. You will have that fire under you and it will make all the difference. Work is enjoyable when you can see how you are helping someone. When money becomes you objective and only objective, things go south. Your work becomes not as fulfilling as you had hoped.
I find great joy when I see that I am empowering others to be successful and that what I am doing is making an impact on others lives. This is where I feel fulfilled, not when I am focused on the dollar amount I am bringing in. My priorities have shifted and if what I speak about today also resonates with you, stick around and we can journey through and celebrate our business successes together!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Join me next week and EVERY week for new content helping you turn your craft into a career. Subscribe to the Craft to Career Podcast below: