Sell your quilt patterns with wholesale distributors
TIPS FOR OPENING ACCOUNTS
Learn how to sell your quilt patterns to wholesale distributors. Kaitlyn shares how she opened new accounts with one pattern!
- Make connections and relationships with fabric designers.
- Meet people from different fabric companies.
- Go to trade shows when possible.
- If you get a chance to make a pattern with a fabric designer’s fabric, do it!
- Ask them.
- Share your credentials.
- Sell yourself.
- Share your successes and resume.
- Build your resume (published in magazines, make patterns for designers, be a brand ambassador for big companies).
WHAT TO GIVE QUILT PATTERN WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS
You will need to share an 11″ x 8.5″ paper copy that’s not cut or punched. This should include your quilt pattern paper cover and back. Send copies to the wholesale distributor WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT.
Here’s an example of what I send them for my ‘Garden Harvest‘ quilt pattern.
KNOT AND THREAD'S TOP SELLING QUILT PATTERNS
Kaitlyn shares which of her patterns are her best sellers. She has had her best sales from wholesale distributors.
These patterns are sold in fabric stores that Kaitlyn didn’t have to reach out to. That is one of the benefits of selling to wholesale distributors. They can contact fabric stores all over the world for you!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
If you enjoyed this episode of the ‘Craft to Career’ podcast, be sure to check out these other past episodes: