Modern Quilter Then Came June
Modern Quilter Then Came June, one of the most successful modern quilt pattern designers, shares her inspirational story of how she got starting in the quilting business. Find out how her experience through Postpartum Depression ended up being the catalyst that launched her into the quilting world! Fun fact: The birth of her son also had a part in the naming of her business! Meghan shares with us how she found her love for design as she made time to do something she enjoys. In so doing, she has made her hobby of quilting into a successful pattern writing career and has discovered her path in the world of quilting! You can too! Join in to find your inspiration and helpful tips for your own business ventures!
In this episode Meghan and Elizabeth discuss:
- The importance of making time to do something of your own
- Her process of turning her hobby into a career
- What programs she finds helpful in designing patterns
- Wonder about the infamous Meadowland quilt pattern? Meghan tells us why she thinks it’s been so hot!
- Her experiences partnering in strategic ways to further her business success
- Finding balance, giving yourself grace and not comparing. What is sustainable for the period of life you’re in?
- How to recognize when an assistant could help you be more efficient