Curious about hiring help and how you do it? In Episode 91: Meet My Team Part 2, you will gain insight as you hear about what the process has been like for me forming the Quilters Candy Team. I take you back to 2016, where you will hear from my very first employee, what my business looked like back in the day and how it has evolved over the years. Aside from the information you can gain from these interviews in episodes 90 and 91, I also share with you a free PDF download full of tips on how to find someone that will be a right fit for your business. I am excited to introduce you to Anna, Shereece, Serena and Misty!
Meet My Team Part 2
Find tips and tools to get you started hiring for your business. In the FREE PDF download below, you will find out how to hire someone, setting up a trial period, what wording you can use if during that trial period, you feel it is not going to work out, things to look for to help you find a good fit… including a link to a personality test, task ideas you can have people help you with and more. Click on the button below for your free download.
Meet Anna Brown
Anna of Wax and Wane Studio is my Podcast Editor. We chat about:
- What Anna does, besides podcast editing for me, in her quilty career.
- How Anna and I crossed paths…we met through the Quilt Buzz Podcast…where I found that I that I wanted Anna to do my podcast editing!
- How her career has shifted and what she is doing now in the quilting industry.
You can find more about Anna and what she has to offer on Instagram @waxandwanestudio
Anna’s website is Wax and Wane Studio
Meet Shereece Spain
Shereece does everything Pinterest for me! But besides taking that off my plate, she has her own business: Sew Hooked On Treasures. Find out more as we talk about:
- We found each other through the Pattern Writing Course. I saw skills that Shereece has that I felt I could use help with! We talk about how she came to help me with my Pinterest.
- We chat about how I have really been able to turn over Pinterest to Shereece, she does all the magic, and I don’t have to think about it!
- Shereece now helps several people with Pinterest and she is now in the process of hiring help. We discuss the process of how she is finding help to hire as well.
You can find more about Shereece and what she has to offer on Instagram @sewhookedontreasures
Find more on Shereece’s website Sew Hooked in Treasures
As well, feel free to email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Serena Shoup
Serena is a CPA and Founder and CEO of The Ambitious Bookkeeper and helps me with my finances. Serena shares:
- What she does weekly, monthly, and yearly as a Bookkeeper and CFO to help Quilters Candy. She shares what services that she and her team offer.
- We talk about breaking down revenue streams and about helping to make objective decisions for business. She helps me know where my money is going and where my income is coming from. Serena helps me see where to focus my time and what is giving me the most income.
- When do people normally hire a bookkeeper or a CPA? Serena shares the benefits and drawbacks and why you would want to outsource.
- If you want to bring someone on full time as an employee and not as a contractor, what does that look like? Do you have to offer benefits? At what point is that required? What other benefits could you offer instead? Serena answers all these questions.
- We chat about ideas for hiring your first employee and what that could look like. Finding the right team is like finding the right client.
You can find Serena and what she has to offer on her Instagram @ofcoursebookkeeping
Look for her on Linkedin
On her website The Ambitious Bookkeeper
Meet Misty Meng
Misty is an original employee that I hired back in 2016 and has been with me since. She helps me by taking care of all the shipping and fulfillment for sales including wholesalers, the Craft to Career Podcast, my blog and making sure things are current and up on my website, and new this year, Affiliate Marketing. We chat about:
- Misty shares about when and how she first started working for me. We talk about Quilters Candy Box subscriptions, what she did and what the business looked like back then.
- We talk about what she has done over the years as Quilters Candy has evolved and what she does for Quilters Candy now.
She is starting a new adventure with her art! You can soon find her on Instagram @mistmeng_art
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
PAST EPISODES OF CRAFT TO CAREER
Check out these past episodes: