Do you wonder what it is like to run a business with employees…and what that might entail? Today I take you behind closed doors and introduce you to some of the ladies who work with me. In Episode 90, Meet My Team Part 1, I interview Jamie McPheeters, Shannon Boyer and Kelli Marshall (Part 2 I will include the rest of my team). As they share how I found them and what they do for me – my hope is that you will find this helpful when you are ready to hire in your own business.
Meet My Team
Let me introduce you to:
- Many of you may be familiar with Jamie. She came on as a Tech Editor for the Quilt Pattern Writing Course. She introduces herself and shares how long she has been quilting.
- How I reached out to Jamie and what about her peaked my interest and the desire to help me with my business.
- Jamie shares her skill set. She has a Masters degree and worked as a CPA before her children were born.
- What she does for Quilters Candy…a lot! Some of her responsibilities are finance, the Membership, helps managing the Quilt Pattern Writing Course, assists with organization, pattern editing and cover quilts…etc
- Jamie (like all of my employees) is an independent contractor. She shares some of her dreams for her own work and business. She would love to create a Tech Editing Course.
You can find more about Jamie and what she has to offer on Instagram @jamiesquiltstudio
- Shares how she first found out about me and a little bit about herself and her background and experience.
- Shannon was a part of the Quilt Pattern Writing Course. She reached out to me to offer her skills and see if I needed assistance. Hear about her email approach and what she had in her favor that peaked my interest and what I found valuable.
- The hiring process. How we met together and Shannon shared her course ideas, how we collaborated and seemed to mesh.
- What she sees herself doing more of in her own business.
- Shannon shares some things she has learned working with me so far.
You can find out more of what Shannon has to offer on Instagram @shannonjuliathomas
- She shares the story of how we originally met back in 2016 when I was doing Quilters Candy Box. Kelli contributed a binding for one of my subscription boxes.
- How I brought Kelli on to the Quilters Candy Team and what she does to help me.
- What some of her dreams are for her business as well as what she has found she really likes after being a small group leader for me- ghost writing.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST