This week, learn about How Small Changes Make a Big Impact both for your life and your business. Discover how making incremental changes and being consistent in good habits can set you up for success. In episode 83, I share what I have learned through experience and study that can make all the difference.
How SMALL Changes Make a Big Impact
After studying successful people, I noticed that successful people all have some things in common. After identifying what those things were, I decided to put to test what I had discovered. During this process, I started enjoying my new routine and noticed I was feeling really good. One of my new goals was to become healthier. I had started a 12 week workout program and the first thing they asked us to do was to take a “before” photo. When almost done with the 12 weeks, I noticed I felt pretty good but was a bit frustrated because I had not even lost ONE pound! I really wasn’t looking to loose a bunch of weight, but I assumed that I would at least lose a pound or two with all my efforts. It wasn’t until I took this second photo that I actually could see a difference. Here are the photos I reference in the podcast:
Business and Life Changing Habits
During my study of successful people, I read two books that really made an impact on me. These books are Atomic Habits by James Clear and The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy. I feel like I should share some things I have learned from these along with a few cautionary tales and tips of my own.
In this Podcast I Share with you:
- What I have learned about 1% Improvements. These are consistent, tiny things that make a big difference in whatever it is you are striving for. Slow and steady growth is sustainable and the healthy way to find success.
- One might easily get overwhelmed if you see other business owners seem to “do all the things” and think there is NO WAY I can do all of that. I did not start my business with a podcast, pattern designing, a membership, a fabric line, etc. IT TAKES TIME. If you jump in and try to do it all at once- it’s not sustainable. You build one small step at a time. I give you a real play by play of how it looked for me when I started my business. There was a lot of study and learning curves that took place. Remember just 1%!
- Our habits matter. We can be consistent in many things, but what we are being consistent on might not be in our best interest. Be consistent in good habits.
- Our habits may sometimes feel like they aren’t making a difference. Any change we make in our life, over time…makes a huge impact.
- Don’t sprint- do what is manageable. Set a goal and do one small thing at a time. For example: Want to grow your following? I give you two ideas that would be making a 1% change and take only 10 mins of your day.
- You will burn out if you try to focus on too many things at once. Work on creating habits. What area do you want to improve on? Dive in! Learn, study and become more confident in that one area. Ask yourself how can I improve this? If something isn’t going well, why? Study what you did. Did you do what you were suppose to do well? No excuses. What was in your control and what can you do to make things better?
- You are in control of your business. There is always something you can do to improve your results. If you don’t know how, look for a guide or a mentor. You have more power than you think you do. Study and improve by 1%.
- Stick with it! Be consistent. You will win because of your habits and your consistency. You have what it takes. Be stubborn about it. Slow and steady really does win the race.
BIG Announcement! I will be offering a Craft to Career Club starting in January 2023. I share more about this on the podcast, but my goal is to help you grow in your business. This class will be open for enrollment twice a year…in January and June, so be watching!
Apply for the Mastermind! The deadline is December 5th.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
PAST EPISODES OF CRAFT TO CAREER
Check out these past episodes: