FRONT PORCH QUILT ALONG
Join over 1,300 quilters in the ‘Front Porch’ Quilt Along (QAL) and make your own quilt full of 3D Flying Geese blocks. The QAL starts Monday, September 27th and goes until Monday, November 1st.
Look below to see what the fabric requirements are, what we will do week by week, and what the prizes are!
FRONT PORCH QUILT ALONG FABRIC REQUIREMENTS
The ‘Front Porch’ quilt pattern makes 2 sizes of quilts:
- Baby Size: 36″ x 39″
- Throw Size: 54″ x 69″
FRONT PORCH QUILT ALONG TIME LINE
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH – WEEK ONE:
- Click here for more in depth details on WEEK ONE.
- PICK YOUR FABRICS.
- Learn how to pick scrappy fabrics
- Or buy one of the pre-made quilt kits listed below.
- I’ll share how I organized my fabrics and picked them – but know that you can use any fabrics you want!
MONDAY, OCTOBER 4TH – WEEK TWO:
- Click here for more in depth details on WEEK TWO.
- CUT YOUR FABRICS.
- Spend week 2 preparing your fabrics.
- Cut the needed sizes and colors for your quilt top.
- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SHARE YOUR SIZES OF CUT FABRIC, THIS IS COPYRIGHTED INFORMATION.
** ONE WEEK POSTPONED DUE TO FAMILY EMERGENCY **
MONDAY, OCTOBER 18TH – WEEK THREE:
- Click here for more in depth details on WEEK THREE.
- BLOCK CONSTRUCTION.
- This is the fun part! Learn how to make 3D flying geese.
- This part of the quilt process was extremely addicting and fun for me, I hope it will be for you, too!
- If you haven’t enjoyed making flying geese blocks before, you will now. At least that was true for me!
- I’ll teach you how to trim your blocks.
- Get perfect points with each block – I kid you not!
MONDAY, OCTOBER 25TH – WEEK FOUR:
- QUILT TOP ASSEMBLY.
- This week we will arrange our blocks and sew them together.
- I’ll share tips on the aesthetic of your arrangement.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST- WEEK FIVE:
- I’ll share tips on quilting your quilt top.
- Each person who is signed up for the QAL will receive a discount from the quilter who quilted my amazing quilt top. Yay! Thank you Jill Johnson of J Coterie!
One of the funnest parts of a Quilt Along are the prizes!
Here is a list of prizes for each week:
WEEK ONE – Kismet Fat Quarter Bundle – Fabric by Sharon Holland for Art Gallery Fabrics.
WEEK TWO – A Gretchen Quinn Pottery Mug of your choice. See mugs HERE.
WEEK THREE – Three months free access to the Quilters Candy Membership. Already a member? You will get reimbursed for 3 future months.
WEEK FOUR – Free Long Arm Edge to Edge Quilting by Jill of J Coterie. She’s AMAZING, y’all! She also will share a 15% discount for all participants, as well.
WEEK FIVE – GRAND PRIZE! Free Baby Lock Jubilant Sewing Machine.
POSTING PHOTOS AND ENTERING FOR PRIZES
To enter to win prizes each week:
- Post a photo of your progress on Instagram.
- Make sure your account is PUBLIC. Otherwise I can’t see your post.
- Use the hashtags #QuiltersCandy #FrontPorchQuilt and #FrontPorchQAL
- That’s it! I will announce winners on this page each Monday when we start the new week.
Pick from one of these curated Quilt Kits. I reached out to a handful of specific shops who I knew would make beautiful kits for this quilt. There’s only a handful of each, so if you love one grab it quick!
PIPER AUTUMN FABRICS – CLICK HERE
This one of a kind bundle has 37 fat quarters.
COTTONEER – CLICK HERE
Background: 14 Fat Quarters
Triangle Pieces: 12 Half yards
THE GREY FINCH COMPANY – CLICK HERE
This kit includes all fabric needed to complete a 54” x 69” throw size quilt top of the Front Porch Quilt pattern by Quilters Candy. The kit includes 14 fat quarters of low volume prints for the background and 23 fat quarters of prints for the design. Two fat quarters of Add It Up are from Ruby Star Society and 35 fat quarters of fabric are from Art Gallery Fabrics.