Jo Simpson of Jo Simpson Design shares how to make quick and easy candy corn friends.
Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by creating these adorable festive quick and easy candy corn friends? They’ll bring a smile to your face and charm to your home.
I’m going to show you how to transform your fabric scraps into cute candy corn friends that are not only a breeze to make but also a delightful addition to your Halloween decor. Let’s get started on this simple and creative project that promises to be as sweet as candy corn itself!
1. Sew (3) strips right sides together.
2. Repeat step 1 to have a front and back.
3. Press seams if desired.
4. Trace candy corn template and cut (2).
5. After tracing the first one, mark seams on the template to match up your second one.
Stuff and Sew:
1. Wrong sides together, take (2) candy corn pieces, clip or pin 1 edge.
2. Pin or clip hanging loop at the top, between both layers of the candy corn pieces, ensuring it is ½” inside the candy corn.
3. Add a small amount of stuffing inside the candy corn.
4. Stitch ¼” around the candy corn, then a second round of stitching if desired.
Ta-da! You’re done your little candy corn friend.
Quick and Easy Candy Corn Friends are a perfect way to infuse some Halloween spirit into your home while making the most of your fabric scraps. May your Halloween be filled with the sweetness of candy corn and the warmth of handmade decor.
If you like these be sure to check out their ghost friends on the blog!
Hi, I’m Jo Simpson, a children’s fabric designer and quilt designer that lives in central Canada with my family and two pups, Rex and Roo. I have a passion for multicultural and inclusive designs so that every child feels seen.
I also love playing in Canva and offer Pinterest V/A Services.
December 8, 2023
Instagram Called Me- Here’s What They Said Don’t miss episode 136: Instagram Called Me- Here’s What They Said. Sound familiar? A few episodes back, I had Michelle Gifford on the podcast sharing what she learned from Instagram. This episode is all about when Instagram reached out to me! I share the details about my experience […]
Each week get insights on how to turn your craft into a successful career. With both guest speakers and tips from myself, you get valuable, free education on the Craft to Career podcast!