An Unexpected Career with Allie of Exhausted Octopus
In this episode, An Unexpected Career with Allie of Exhausted Octopus, hear Allie’s story about how posting quilts as a personal diary on Instagram, ended up turning into a creative business- which took her completely by surprise! Find out how her background in Marine Biology is an inspiration for her quilts and her business. You are sure to find something in this episode that will resonate with you and spark some new ideas and inspiration for your own business ventures. Who knows where YOU might find unexpected success!
Allie and Elizabeth discuss:
- How Allie has connected on a personable level with her followers and the joy that has brought her
- Allie talks about how her Sea Glass quilt evolved- how she gained the courage to try her own ideas. This unique quilt can be personalized and speak to you!
- Shares some of her business goals and what exciting things are happening in Allie’s business- including a NEW MEMBERSHIP!
- How she created an accessible space to help new quilters gain the tools and skills they need to confidently start creating in their own personal, creative ways
- Talks about how she has made her instructional videos using closed captioning
- How to filter through your own insecurities and negative self thoughts as well as others opinions. How to stand up for, overcome and gain more confidence in what you have to offer!
- Allie shares her advice for new entrepreneurs. Do what makes you happy and what brings you joy. Does it delight you? Be YOU!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Subscribe to the Craft to Career Podcast below:
PAST EPISODES OF CRAFT TO CAREER
PODCAST REVIEW OF THE WEEK