How He Turned Quilting Into A Career with Giucy Giuce
How He turned quilting into a career with Giucy Giuce
On the podcast this week, How He Turned Quilting Into a Career with Giucy Giuce, Giuseppe shares his journey into the quilting world. He found his passion for quilting while working as an actor in Chicago. Giuseppe started trying to build a name for himself and decided to move back to New York, where he grew up, to see if he could make a career in the fabric industry. He started working at Andover in their marketing department and eventually became a fabric designer. Join in and hear his inspiring story and insights in the world of quilting and design!
In this episode, Elizabeth and Giuseppe talk about:
- Fabric Design! How he comes up with his pattern ideas and how he gets his creativity ultimately on fabric!
- The areas and aspects of his career that he enjoys and ways he applies them to earn income. How he’s integrated different interests into his career.
- He talks about pattern writing.
- What type of things do companies look for in a fabric designer? If you want to make a name for yourself as a fabric designer- you need to have something different to say. Hear his insight.
- They speak on authenticity. Here is just some of his advice: Design from your heart and if its truly you, you will always be unique and authentic.
- Hear what he has to say to all of the listeners wanting to start a business.
- Trusting your gut, being okay with things that take time and finding the enjoyment in what you’re doing.
- Want to hear his dream of dreams and where he sees himself eventually?
Find Giuseppe of Giucy Giuce on:
He also welcomes emails! He also announces a new way to connect…Be watching for his website that will be launching soon!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Join me next week and EVERY week for new content helping you turn your craft into a career.
Subscribe to the Craft to Career Podcast below:
PAST EPISODES OF CRAFT TO CAREER
Check out these past episodes: