How He turned quilting into a career with Giucy Giuce
On the podcast this week, How He Turned Quilting Into a Career with Giucy Giuce, Giuseppe shares his journey into the quilting world. He found his passion for quilting while working as an actor in Chicago. Giuseppe started trying to build a name for himself and decided to move back to New York, where he grew up, to see if he could make a career in the fabric industry. He started working at Andover in their marketing department and eventually became a fabric designer. Join in and hear his inspiring story and insights in the world of quilting and design!
In this episode, Elizabeth and Giuseppe talk about:
- Fabric Design! How he comes up with his pattern ideas and how he gets his creativity ultimately on fabric!
- The areas and aspects of his career that he enjoys and ways he applies them to earn income. How he’s integrated different interests into his career.
- He talks about pattern writing.
- What type of things do companies look for in a fabric designer? If you want to make a name for yourself as a fabric designer- you need to have something different to say. Hear his insight.
- They speak on authenticity. Here is just some of his advice: Design from your heart and if its truly you, you will always be unique and authentic.
- Hear what he has to say to all of the listeners wanting to start a business.
- Trusting your gut, being okay with things that take time and finding the enjoyment in what you’re doing.
- Want to hear his dream of dreams and where he sees himself eventually?
Find Giuseppe of Giucy Giuce on:
He also welcomes emails! He also announces a new way to connect…Be watching for his website that will be launching soon!